Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Distress Oxides

I got some Distress Oxide inks with a 40% coupon at Michael's Crafts.
Johnny got me a gift card for Mother's Day so this is what I got with it.
This morning I decided to make some backgrounds with them.
I watched some Tim Holtz and Jennifer McGuire videos to learn how 
to use the inks properly.
I made these backgrounds and thought they came out beautiful.


I stamped my image in black ink on the background and then heat embossed it.
Love the way this turned out and I made 4 of these.

I made 4 of these also. 
I stamped and heat embossed these the same as the first card.
 I just love how the oxides make such great backgrounds.
I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed making them.
 
I definitely like these new ink pads.


1 comment:

  1. I love these! They remind me of the coloring book technique we did as kids where we'd color and then color dark black over it and then scratch out a rainbow image

    ReplyDelete