Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Cindy's Visit

My good friend Cindy R. came to visit me from New Jersey.
She spent a couple days here and we had so much fun
playing in my craftroom.


Cindy brought the pieces to this card and with my inks and her pieces
we created 18 of these beautiful Christmas cards.
I am so very happy with the way they turned out.



I taught Cindy how to do this card.  I had taken a class at Archiver's
a long time ago and learned how to make this card.
We each made 3 of these and they are all colored different 
and each one is prettier than the next.



I just got these new flower dies so we came up with this design
that I really love.  I think they came out so darn cute.
We each made 3 of these.
Cindy has a good eye for picking background paper!



We made 8 of these cards.  I decided to turn them to see how they 
would look and I kind of liked it.  So I made 2 of each and 
Cindy did too.  We had a terrible time lining up the stamped flower
with the punch.  I had John come up to my craftroom and between
the three of us we got it figured out.



I got a new dogwood stamp and we came up with this design using
that stamp.  We stamped in black ink and then colored the image 
with white pencils.  Then Cindy drew lines around the whole cards.
I love, love, love how this came out.



I wanted to learn how to make a shaker card so Cindy taught me.
We made the santa one from a Mod podged napkin.
The polka dot one was using some pre cut circle things
that Cindy brought and they made it super easy.
We also made the purple one in the previous blog post.
I can see more shaker cards in my future.
They are such fun to make!



I got this new stamp and Cindy stamped them and I colored.
I did mine in this color and she did hers in oranges.
A sentiment on vellum and easy peasy and so very elegant!



Cindy brought this stamp that I love and I stamped 5
of these and colored them with my Spectrum Noir markers.
I added some black sequins for embellishments.
Love how this turned out.



Cindy brought her Ken Oliver Colorburst powder
for me to try.  I loved it!  I still have some blue stains on my fingernails!
These are some backgrounds that we made.  I love how they turned out.


I made this card yesterday using one of the backgrounds pictured.
I just love these backgrounds as they make amazing cards.

We had such a wonderful time and I sure hope that Cindy comes back to craft again.
We have so much that we did not get to do.
Maybe next time!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing cards! And two heads are better than one. I've been spending the day sending some of these cards out. I haven't touched on any mutual friends yet, but when I do, I will have to coordinate with you, not send the same card to the same person... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That polka dotted shaker card is brilliant! I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome!I'm so glad you guys had so much fun! I have the same SU stamp set and punch. They are confusing. I put a mark on the foam backside of the stamps I've used, so I know which is the "bottom" of the stamp. At last month's cardmaking party, one of the ladies showed me cards she made with Ken Oliver's colorbursts. I'm thinking I may need them!!

    ReplyDelete